I’VE WORKED IT ALL OUT!
[I absolutely have to post this one right now, because thefrailtyofgeniusisaudience, october-the-xmas-octopus, and I are clearly right on the edge of becoming a hive mind. This is beautiful fandom madness!]
The Reichenbach Fall was clearly all about fairy tales, and they mentioned fairies in The Hounds of Baskerville as well. Given Arthur Conan Doyle’s well-known connection to fairies, THIS CANNOT BE A COINCIDENCE.
Jim Moriarty was the one who brought up fairy tales. In the original stories, Moriarty’s called “James,” not “Jim.” Moffat and Gatiss know the canon really well, so why would they call him “Jim” UNLESS IT WAS A CLUE?
Jim carved “IOU” into an apple, which is of course connected to fairy tales as well through Snow White. IT ALL FITS TOGETHER, PEOPLE.
The only letter in “IOU” that’s also in “JIM” is the “I.” Remove the “I” from “JIM,” and you’re left with “JM.” HANG ON, BECAUSE THIS IS ABOUT TO GET AMAZING.
Sherlock didn’t seem to like fairies when he was talking about Bluebell. But we know that Jim and Sherlock were mirrors for each other, so if Jim liked fairy tales Sherlock must like something that’s similar but different. What are fairies? Little winged creatures. AND WHAT LITTLE WINGED CREATURES DOES SHERLOCK HOLMES FAMOUSLY LOVE?
That’s right: bees! Or if we follow the obvious clue that “I owe you” = “IOU,” then we know that “bee” = “B.” Combine “B” with the word “fairy” and you get “bairy.” Say it out loud. DO YOU SEE WHERE THIS IS GOING?
“Bairy” sounds like “Barrie.” Put the “JM” from earlier with it, and you get “J.M. Barrie.” That’s right, the author who was friends with Arthur Conan Doyle. THIS IS A HISTORICAL FACT.
Now, if you want proof that they went to all this trouble to hide references to J.M. Barrie, then all you need to do is think about the other thing they went out of their way to reference twice in Series 2: pirates. They mentioned pirates in A Scandal in Belgravia and in The Hounds of Baskerville. Two references to fairies and two references to pirates. What story by J.M. Barrie is known for having both pirates and fairies? PETER PAN.
And what is Peter Pan famous for? Two things. First, being the boy who won’t grow up. JUST LIKE SHERLOCK.
The second thing Peter Pan is famous for is being able to fly. And Jim (or should I say “J.M.”) said flying is just like falling. Sherlock fell, which meant he actually flew. SHERLOCK IS PETER PAN.
So if we think about how Peter Pan flew, then obviously that will tell us everything we need to know about how Sherlock survived his “fall” (a.k.a. flight). IT’S JUST THAT SIMPLE.
Everyone knows Peter Pan flew with the help of pixie dust. “Pixie dust” is also the nickname of a substance made from pig bladders that can help regrow human tissue. It’s being tested on soldiers wounded in Afghanistan. Sherlock’s best friend is an army doctor who was wounded in Afghanistan. THERE IS NO WAY SHERLOCK HADN’T HEARD OF THIS DRUG.
SHERLOCK DIDN’T SURVIVE THE FALL. He jumped, and died. But he had asked Molly for a favor, remember? That favor was to give him a whole bunch of powdered pig’s bladder, which allowed all of Sherlock’s damaged tissue to regrow and bring him back to life. Which is how we saw him looking good as new in the cemetery.
THEY HAD ALL THE CLUES HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT THE WHOLE TIME. I LOVE HOW CLEVER THIS SHOW IS! BRING ON SERIES 3!!!
- anaswickedmusic reblogged this from finalproblem
- celestialily reblogged this from finalproblem
- avara-kedavra likes this
- boschs reblogged this from finalproblem
- vinceremoinsieme likes this
- eruhin likes this
- bemyholmes reblogged this from excalibee
- bemyholmes likes this
- veliusnight likes this
- aliasl reblogged this from rockinthecassbutt
- ilovepsych reblogged this from sketchlock
- anonymousdollar likes this
- iwearjeanvaljeans reblogged this from finalproblem
- jantosaurus reblogged this from finalproblem
- pkrosche likes this
- violasarecool likes this
- joolabee likes this
- salamitaktik reblogged this from finalproblem and added:
- ninth-realm likes this
- bagofsass reblogged this from quidditchinthearena and added:
- save-waste-fats-for-explosives reblogged this from finalproblem
- slytherinthe reblogged this from jamandfezzes
- charlokiholmes9 reblogged this from detectivesdragonsandbowties
- sakb-assassin-for-hire likes this
- wearing-westwood likes this
- sylviasplath likes this
- consulting-time-lord-in-impala likes this
- crimsonapples likes this
- jellybabiesandarrows reblogged this from sketchlock
- jokerful reblogged this from jamandfezzes
- charadecalledlife reblogged this from nextsherlock
- 321mashup likes this
- watsonbelow likes this
- helionautvinyl likes this
- lilacs-bloom-in-may reblogged this from therampagingeuphonium
- always394 likes this
- violasarecool reblogged this from finalproblem
- lafetowalneylor reblogged this from jamandfezzes
- wintermindpalace likes this
- dancingthrulife5 reblogged this from ineffable-hufflepuff
- itzlilzassbutt reblogged this from all-i-wanted-was-a-blog
- valswei reblogged this from sketchlock
- 7madamedictator reblogged this from consultingcommunist
- judging-john reblogged this from loyalbloggerwhowaits
- ceryouslii likes this
- 17-year-old-toddler likes this
- skybread reblogged this from jamanddogtags
- jimtkirk reblogged this from detectiveintraining